Saturday, October 25, 2014

Kafkadian way to get closer what you want

Latley I was seriously thinking about is there anything like preciving someone as role model. I am not sure there is, and also not sure, that one needs anything like that. Still it is strong and can be almoust not compered to enything when I find something, or someone, who makes me curious and makes me act.
In this world were everyone can have a voice, and everyone can share and like it is kind of hard to find things what are so moving, that you feel like you realy need to know about that thing. Not because originality is off the table, but the amount of pages, news and photographs what are round us every day... Well at least I - and I am in a much worse situation, because the ryhthm of my understanding can be scatter brained sometimes - would need the whole day for reading and surfing on net. There is a lot of reasons why for me it is not viable. Back to my topic, I think, that there are values what I like to seek out in people. The most beautiful thing is for me, that these values are notion so how this notions presences itself it is always different. I know now I did not said anything what was not said or writen befor. But dear Plato, who am I to say anything after you? I just can agree with you.
When I first met Pierre Földes, I was very curios of him. Sorry this sentence is not correct. A year before I actualy met Pierre I was already curios of him. Pierre Földes is a composer, orchestrator, fil maker. A friend of mine was one of his good friend, and I use to hear stories about him. This two men has studios in the same building, and they went at the time quite often to have lunch together. Like all boys - and thank goodness I use deliberately the word 'boys' for a good reason - the were talking about cameras, pictures, news, womens, films. The tone of these meetings went pretty equally, but sometimes there was sweet sourness in the air. It made me feel, that somethings is not done, something has to evolve or maybe the other way around, it has to be wrapped in. I do not know how to describe it, but it was a nice feeling, that there is something plan or wish in the air somewhere around Pierre what has to be done. He already knew what was that, I just did not know him at that time in real.
The first meeting was awfull, even though that I was waiting so much to meet him. I could not do anything else, just keep focusing on my fear, that I will use the english grammer uncorrectly infront of a person who can use it correctly. After the dinner we had, I was very angry to myself, how could I be possibly so stupid, that I missed the moment for panicing on something I realy do not care, and not focusing on something what I was waiting for.
After this lovley dinner I have met Pierre several times, and I was also the knower of the secret: Pierre wants to make an animation movie from Haruki Murakami's short stories. As I saw a few sketches by Pierre it was clear that this movie will be something different than all the animation movies what I have seen in the last few years. I do not know to much about animation, but for me somehow the way how Pierre is working with this animation, with those stories, with the work itself is more like he is making a moving sculpture with no texutre but somehow filled. ... It is a complex method, because he rediscovers all the character's identities and appearances every day, and they appear more beautiful and more real than before.
......
 
Pierre is now in Paris, working on Blind willow sleeping woman. I asked him a few random questions:
 
How has your relationship to animation changed throughout your life?
First it was what my father did. I went to a few festivals with him when I was a child. I always drew, but somehow i got into music and so drawing became just a hobby. Then, I started making live action short films and when I left New York for Budapest, I found myself lost in space. I couldn't make music, I couldn't make live action films either. So animation was the only thing I could do with no money, was animation. I'm trying to make animation that isn't cartoon, that's just basically film using a different media. 

When did you feel that you could call yourself a grown-up and could no longer ask yourself what you wanted to be when you grew up?
Well... not sure how to answer that, I never really thought about that. I just thought I was going to be some genius artist and that it was just going to happen as I grew up. That the world of adults was something amazing filled with philosophers and loads of intelligent stuff one had to be "grown up" to understand. A little later i got to understand gradually that the adults were just like the other children, except that they looked terribly old and constantly tired.  So basically I'm not yet sure what I'll do when I get to be young again.

Where is the most unexpected place you've found inspiration?
On the top of a volcano in Java in eruption at four in the morning 
What has been the biggest challenge for you to overcome?
Moving to Budapest, accepting I wont be Stravinsky's successor  
What has been your proudest accomplishment?
Managing to love and be loved a few times
 
Could you design a new watch what is working only when you are relaxing?
I actually did design a couple of watches,  one of them goes backwards while saying the time correctly, I guess that would be a nice way of living

How do you imagine yourself as a coffee?
Smooth, velvety, strong enough, never bitter, with a multitude of levels of taste, always evolving. keeps you awake, keeps your mind going without getting on your nerves. Always hot and neither milky nor sweet.
 
If someone gives you a box, what you can not open, what do you do with it?
I keep on working on it until I open it 
 
Sketch for Blind willow sleeping woman, from 2013.
 
Sketch for Blind willow sleeping woman, from 2013
 
Sketch for Blind willow sleeping woman, from 2013
 
 Pierre Földes

No comments:

Post a Comment