Tuesday, October 21, 2014

New works

Textile print sketch 2014. 
Ever since I can remember I like printed textiles. One of my favorite brand is the finish Marimekko. The brand was founded in 1951 in Helsinki. Marimekko is particularly noted for brightly colored printed fabrics and simple styles. If you don't know the brand I recommend you to look after it. I was introduced to this fabulous colors in 2004 when I was in Finland for a year. At that time I was a little bit mixed because I couldn't decide what to learn; fabric design to be a designer for Marimekko one day, or to go to art university and become a painter and learn for my whole life. Well the last one was stronger than anything, and I can not say to you, how satisfied I am with my choice. In this summer I was for a dinner by one of my friend, who has very refined taste. She collects articles and images from magazines. She showed to my one of her booklet, where I noticed a lot of pictures about the hungarian blue dye. My mother use to love blue dye. For me this hungarian textile is something what never could show its particular delicacy. The cuts, forms, and dresses hungarians are using it just simplify in a very bad way the patterns of the blue dye. After this evening at my friend, I decided to make some sketches where I mix two of my important textile muses. I am just at the beginning of the rocky road, but I want to share you some of the drawings what are already finished. If you like it you can check more pictures on instagram, and facebook: www.instagram.com/dorsanszki or www.facebook.com/dorsanszki


Dorsanszki - Fabric patter, 2014


Dorsanszki - Fabricpattern, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment